Saturday, April 2, 2011

All About Passion

by Stephanie Laurens

If you know me well, or maybe even not so well, then you are probably aware of my love for historical romance novels. They are what you might call my "guilty pleasure", although I think they are a very valid reading choice (I will have an upcoming post on WHY romance novels deserve literary respect).

My review for All About Passion by Stephanie Laurens will be fairly short and concise. This book is the same as the majority of her others. If you like your hero to be dark and brooding, and your heroine to be passionate, a little pushy and the one woman who finally overcomes the hero's emotional walls.... then this is the book for you!  Stephanie Laurens is the master of this type of novel, and does it well. I do like that in All About Passion she adds an element of mystery/adventure to the novel with the introduction of character who makes several attempts on the heroine's life, which lets the reader use a little of their own detective skills throughout the book (I was right!).  The only problem is that I find it necessary to take a "break" between reading her books, because the plot lines and characters are all very similar. Over time, it becomes difficult to differentiate which character was in which story. So in short.... if you like other various Stephanie Laurens' novels, then I am fairly confident that you will enjoy this one as well.


BLOG NOTE: As part of my goal to read forty book this year, I am also trying to branch out and read some books that I might not normally select for myself. So if you have any suggestions, pop on over to my "40 Books in a Year" page (link at the top of this website), and post them there!

No comments:

Post a Comment