Sunday, February 12, 2012

Bossypants

by Tina Fey

Who doesn't love Tina Fey? SNL.... Mean Girls... Date Night... I mean, 30 Rock! But seriously, Tina Fey is hilarious. And if possible, I love her even more after reading her book. Why? Because she seems like someone that I could be friends with. In other words, she is a normal person despite all the Hollywood hoopla. Sure, she has lots of strange little quirks; but isn't that what makes someone interesting? Through her writing you are introduced to the self-deprecating humor that she brings to every enterprise in her life. She gives some advice on working in the "industry", but the majority of Bossypants is about her life history, women in comedy, building her career and family, and some entertaining anecdotes. At times she's extreme and paranoid in her reactions to certain events (e.g. being called to her lifeboat on a cruise = Titanic), which makes for a great fun read (although her sense of humor would be understandable to even the most stable person on the planet). I often found myself laughing out loud, and I think you will too.

1 comment: