Monday, May 16, 2011

Cloudy with a Chance of Marriage

by Kieran Kramer

Kieran Kramer is one of the newest historical romance authors. And after her fantastic first two novels, I bought this book on the spot when I saw it availabel in the store. I was anticipating something along the same lines as her earlier books, but was sadly disappointed. This may seem hypocritical after my last post about Something Borrowed,  but I cannot truly enjoy a romance novel where one of the characters is married. In this case, Jilly and Captain Arrow also lack the witty conversation and soulful relationship that I found in Kramer's first works. Although there is one major obstacle standing in their path, it is miraculously resolved and wrapped into a nice little package over the course of a few pages. In all, I think this novel lacked the depth that I expected. I would still rate Cloudy with a Chance of Marriage a solid three stars, as it was a quick and good (if predictable) read, but it was not my favorite of Kramer's Impossible Bachelor series. The sneak peek at the back of the book into the first two chapters of her next (fourth and final of the series) book already has me incredibly excited to get my hands on it! My hopes are high!

No comments:

Post a Comment