Monday, July 25, 2011

Something Blue

by Emily Giffin

It is very rare to find a book that somehow transforms the previous antagonist into a heroine that the reader can root for. Emily Giffin manages to accomplish just that in her sequel to Something Borrowed. This time the reader follows Darcy as she stumbles through her relationships and finally finds her own happy ending. I will say that it takes the book a little while to get going, but once she finally makes her way to England the reader starts to see some real progress. What I enjoyed about her character transformation, was that it was believable to me. Instead of changing her character 180 degrees, she makes slight modifications that make a big difference in her outlook. Darcy's little quirks and mental side comments keep the character changes in line with what we already know about her. I did not LOVE this book, but I certainly did LIKE it, more than the first book Something Borrowed. If you are a fan of Giffin's work, I think you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment